cannot connect to xbox live after repairing my console????

hello, i have owned my xbox 360 from new (it is about 6 years old!) i had 3 rrod which i have fixed by changing the x clamp kit, but now i cannot connect to xbox live! someone has told me it is because i powered up the xbox without the dvd drive connected, is this true & what can i do to rectify the problem? many thanks geezer1000uk

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

hello mate. i have the same problem, i don't have a dvd drive but before this update from few days ago it was everything allright I was able to connect to xobox live playing homefront online but after this update which i can not even install because of some error code 335a-351f-1680-0700-c000-000e i wrote to xbox support about thaht problem but everything that i had from they  was only the phone number which i should call... so i didn't :D I think that the problem is with this last update. maybe they added some files to update the dvd drive and when there is no dvd drive in xbox the software is going crazy xD i hope some guy from the microsoft will read this and find some solution for that problem because if i was able to play without a dvd drive ( which is extremly faulty. i have now a huge fan right there) before update why i now have such a problems whith this update and i even can't log in to xbox live !  

by the way sorry for my english :D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Self repairs of the console are forbidden and will only result in the console being permanently banned from connecting to XBL. The only authorized repair center is MS themselves. Self repair discussions also are not allowed within the official Xbox forums.

Your only recourse now is to buy a newer model console, they are less likely to get the RRoD these days. MS does repair consoles beyond the warranty for a fee, so in the future instead of taking matters into your own hands, contact them and setup a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

That takes a modded console that's running iso's from an image drive.

I feel for the OP though, I understand that a dead xbox is a bummer and is kinda expensive to fix. However in the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you signed up, you agreed that if there was a HW failure that you would either buy a new console or seek a repair from Microsoft. There is no way around that.

Sorry this didn't help.

How can you play Homefront if you don't have a DVD drive?

Sorry this didn't help.

thing is, it would of cost me £62 to get my xbox fixed by the official repairers for a 6 year old xbox!!!!!! instead i spent £2 on a kit to fix a problem microsoft already new about, which was a bad design fault, i have not got the money to buy a new one at the moment, and its not really me who plays it, its my 9yr old son. i usually fix everything myself when it breaks because i havn't got the money to replace things having 2 kids, i don't see why i should get banned from xbox live just because i've fixed my own console which i paid £289 for 6 yrs ago !!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you removed the disc drive yourself then that would be your reason why you are in the situation you are in. The only authorized repair center is MS. Any other person or business that makes a repair could result in your console being permanently banned from XBL. You have no one to blame for that happening except yourself should it happen to you.

Sorry this didn't help.