Cannot Connect To XBL

I have had my 360 for over a year now, XBL has been fine up until about 2 months ago, XBL rarely connects now, maybe connects for an hour or 2 a day, after paying for this service i expect to be able to use it once in awhile, when i try to connect it says that it can't, when i go into my networks it shows my router (Optus) as 2/4 or 3/4 bars, it can see the signal but it will never connect to the router, all the info is correct, My computer is about 3 feet away and it never gets disconected from the router, So why won't the dam thing connect? Please don't say to get a cord or something because its about 30 meters of cord and i don't see why i should have to buy extra hardware to use the server wireless which i pay for, Any help? When i get home for work and want to relax with about of XBL, it just pisses me off that it never works.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If your pc is only 3 feet away, I suspect the router.

Check to see if there has been a recent firmware update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Theres been no firmware updates, and if i understand correctly if there was then i wouldn't be able to connect ever not what im currently experiencing

Sorry this didn't help.

try a wired connection that would fix it

Sorry this didn't help.

the new dashboard that came out DEC 6 2011 killed xbox 360 gave them RROD and has many of us offline its not are gamertags or are networks its the new dashboard it will not let us connect to live if it does it kicks us off 20 min after we sign in we need a new dashboard there have been 2 updates for the new dashborad so far that i can remmeber and we are still off live it will only let us online to get updates then it goes back to not letting us on line

:(

i bet it lets u online get the new dashboard and the 2 updates and now it wont connect to live i bet right

Sorry this didn't help.

@ xx BeastxRIDERxx next time actually read a thread before posting it so you don't look like an @@@

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Nick! I understand you are having some issues connecting to LIVE. First, I would like to second the motion to try a wired connection temporarily just for testing purposes. This can help us rule out the wireless as a cause and narrow down the options.

Try connecting to the modem directly with an ethernet cable and then connect to LIVE. If that works out alright, try connecting it to the router and test again. If that still works, but you continue to have issues with the wireless, then I would assume that is where the problem lies.

Perhaps re-positioning the network hardware or trying a different wireless router could help solve the issue. Let us know how all of this goes and we can go from there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.