This is a repost that was deleted (and unsolved) from the old forums.
Since the Kinnect update last year my ancient (no HDMI port) console will not connect to XBL unless, and only if, I test the connection first.
Once the connection test is complete I can connect to XBL with no issues, then log out, log back in, change gamertags, etc etc... UNTIL the console is turned off. Once off, you have to repeat the test ritual to log back in.
- Console with 20GB drive. Worked fine, no issues connecting to XBL.
- Kinnect comes out and all consoles get the update regardless of having a Kinnect or not. (I do NOT.)
- Console stopped connecting to XBL unless connection was tested first.
- Installed a new 250GB drive on console. CONNECTED INSTANTLY TO XBL... until dash updated including latest Kinnect crap.
- Resume ritual of testing connection...
Has anyone else dealt with this? If so - what was the solution?