Cannot connect to the XBox Live

When trying to recover a gamertag, play on xbox live and/or try to download the update to xbox I get stuck in the loop of the download stops, I'm told to test my network connection, I get to the last step of the test and am told I need to download an update, the update starts, then stops with the error that the download stopped and I get this code;

3143 0000 0080 0300 8007 0570

and then again am advised to test my network connection, at which point this whole cycle starts again.

I have been connected to by wire, and have played without a problem with connection, on XBox Live for years and have not changed or tinkered with any settings in any way.  I have reset the factory defaults as per the guidelines posted on the support site. I have two other XBoxes also connected by wire and do not have any problem with connections.  I have a Motorola SBV5120 modem and a Netgear router.

An interesting note; the XBox that I am having a connection problem with shows only 2.3 GB of space free despite the fact that I have deleted practically everything off of my hard drive. As a matter of fact, as I was in the process of deleting files and saved games, the amount of free space has never changed.  Could this have something to do with my problem?  One last comment, I cannot be sure, but it seems that this problem started when I installed Kinect on this XBox over Christmas. I have since moved Kinect to another XBox.  Is there a way to totally remove the Kinect and any changes it may have made to the XBox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Have you tried running the update with the HDD removed entirely? If not, give that a go, and let me know how it works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried it with the hard drive disconnected and the same thing happened.

Sorry this didn't help.

At this point, if you have not modified your console or had an unauthorized repair, I suggest calling phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX.

Sorry this didn't help.

hey i have the exact same problem. but i never had kinect or anything. i just tried signing into my account like 4 days ago and it told me to update. i tried to update and it keeps showing me that error. sometimes the download goes half way and than just stopd downloading. its not the network cause it had always worked. and yes i do have memory on my xbox. 20gb to be exact. so if anyone finds a sollution to this problem let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.