Hello. My problem is that I have not been able to connect to one of my friend's parties or games for the past month. We are both college students living on campus, and before left for our winter break on December 12th we could easily connect to each others parties and games. Since coming back on January 6th, we have tried every week to connect to each others' parties but each time it says we are unable to connect. Neither of us have changed any settings on our consoles.
Some Other details
- Both of us have had an open NAT type since we arrived on campus in August of 2012.
- Both of us are using a wired ethernet connection.
- We have tried connecting with two games since we started having problems: Halo 4 and Call of Duty: MW3.
- I can connect to other people in my own dorm, but my friend cannot connect to us.
- We have tried unplugging our ethernet connections and plugging them back in.
- We do not have access to any sort of network settings, since the internet is completely controlled by the university.
- My connection is fantastic besides this one detail.
- It is not possible to connect to my campus' wireless internet with my Xbox, as there is a firewall in place.
- We have both gone into the settings menu on our consoles and tested our connections. We both have open NAT types.
- On campus, we both live in university residence halls with university internet. Our halls are 2 blocks apart.