Cannot connect to other player, both players have open NAT type

Hello. My problem is that I have not been able to connect to one of my friend's parties or games for the past month. We are both college students living on campus, and before left for our winter break on December 12th we could easily connect to each others parties and games. Since coming back on January 6th, we have tried every week to connect to each others' parties but each time it says we are unable to connect. Neither of us have changed any settings on our consoles.

Some Other details

• Both of us have had an open NAT type since we arrived on campus in August of 2012.
  • Both of us are using a wired ethernet connection.
  • We have tried connecting with two games since we started having problems: Halo 4 and Call of Duty: MW3.
  • I can connect to other people in my own dorm, but my friend cannot connect to us.
  • We have tried unplugging our ethernet connections and plugging them back in.
  • We do not have access to any sort of network settings, since the internet is completely controlled by the university.
  • My connection is fantastic besides this one detail.
  • It is not possible to connect to my campus' wireless internet with my Xbox, as there is a firewall in place.
  • We have both gone into the settings menu on our consoles and tested our connections. We both have open NAT types.
  • On campus, we both live in university residence halls with university internet. Our halls are 2 blocks apart.
This would not be that big of a deal to me, but the friend I am referring to is the one I party up with the most, and playing with him is a huge part of my online enjoyment. This problem has led to many disappointing gaming sessions (and double that in frustration from failing to troubleshoot this ourselves) as a result of not being able to join each others' games, or even talk to each other with voice communication via party chat. 
Please help me with this situation in any way you can.
-El Capitano08

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Try to go to your dashboard and go to settings and system then go to network settings then click wired,or wireless which ever you have then click it configure network then additional settings,restore to factory defaults TRY IT  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

CAMPUS NETWORK - that's the key. Since your dorms are two blocks apart, the routing resolves as if you have the same connection, and the game gets confused as to who's who. The university network admins have made a change to the routing which makes you look like you both are on the same network, and that's beyond the capabilities of Xbox Live to resolve.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.