Cannot connect to network

So this is my predicament: When I first got my Xbox One I plugged it in and started it up but could not get a connection to my network to download the update. That same network wokked for my Xbox 360 less than 24 hours ago. In addition, I tried accessing two of my neighbors unprotected networks and the Xbox One could establish no connection with either of them. I transported the Xbox to another place in my house to establish a wired connection to download the update, but the wireless still doesn’t work. I have come to the conclusion that it is the Xbox since I have had no problems until now and it is failing on multiple networks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 84 Applies to:

have you tried to connect via your PC:

forums.xbox.com/.../1622796.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I tried this and it works but it is beside the point. I cannot be tethered to my Mac and would like for my wireless to work properly. The problem outlined in my original post is the the WIRELESS will not connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tox,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection.

There are a couple things I would try for this:

Try this link if your console can't see your wireless network.

If you are seeing your network but not able to connect, check out our Connection Error Troubleshooter. It has a couple of different solutions depending on what you're seeing.

Please let us know how everything goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have the same issue where I get kicked off the wireless network.  I view my network settings and it sees my wireless router and it shows I am connected but says that it can't obtain an IP address.  My router is working fine for 2 laptops, 2 iPhones, my Xbox 360 and an iPad.  I switched to using a manual IP address since the error specifically said that it couldn't obtain an IP.  Worked for awhile then it happens again.  Sometimes disconnecting from my wireless connection then reconnecting will work.  Usually I have to restart the Xbox to get it to connect again, but it'll eventually disconnect again.  I hope this is a software issue that can fixed with an update and it's not a hardware issue.  I hope they get it fixed quickly as it is VERY annoying.

Sorry this didn't help.

IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM TRY THIS!.

"Hold" keep the power button pressed down for about 5 seconds on the Xbox one it make it do a hard reset and should solve the wifi issue. This same issue has happened to me twice now today and on launch day and on launch day i was doing 15 things at once to solve the issue so couldn't confirm what i did to solve it. Truly hope this is the solution for everyone else.

Good luck out there,

DisturbedHavok

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, this works

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the hold power button tricked. I was having the same problem where I was playing a game and than got disconnected and than it wasnt connecting. Tried everything except for the power button trick. I finally got back onto live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there tunadomer and N1GHTF34R,

I'm happy to hear the troubleshooting steps in this thread helped you guys out! If you have any Xbox Support related questions in the future, please feel free to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered to you from our community. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.