Cannot Connect to Matches

Last night, I stumbled into an issue on Battlefield 4 where it said my reputation is too low to join any servers. I also cannot find matches for the Master Chief Collection.  Upon speaking to the kind folks at support (who were actually really helpful, considering it was out of their control) twice, and posting on the Policy and Enforcement Forum (which is regulated, meaning only approved posts go through) yielded a canned response saying that in order to increase your reputation, you need to play games without being reported.  Support also suggested to play games in private lobbies with friends only.  Though this is a solution, it does not fix the problem.

The problem is a broken reputation system, to which the people at Policy and Enforcement do not seem to be taking very seriously.  This issue seems to be widespread, and the Policy and Enforcement team is only responding with canned answers that say to play matches without being reported. This solution is impossible, because if your reputation got that bad, you cannot find matches to begin with, so you're stuck.  As a 10+ year veteran of Xbox live, I have never cheated nor used unsporting tactics once. And yet within the last month I have been reported for cheating and unsporting gameplay 10 times, all of which are false reportings.  I strongly believe it is because I am a good and experienced battlefield player that I have received reports from other players who are sore losers. As such they take their frustrations out by reporting good players for cheating.  It is unfair to good players because we cannot defend ourselves from these false accusations, and the Policy and Enforcement team is being of little to no help with regards to this issue. In essence it's punishing players for things they do, and since this system seems automatic and without a review process, it will keep happening.

I know I am not alone with this issue, and I am certain this system, most players who play online multiplayer games will experience it . It's just a matter of time before you rack up enough reports  to reach the dreaded "avoid" for reputation.  I was uncertain where to post this but this issue NEEDS to be addressed.  I was told by support that this is a know issue but it's out of their hands, and told me to post in the forums about this to raise awareness about it and hopefully enough people will voice their frustration for this issue and get the policy and enforcement team to change the system.

I really hope people share this issue with your Xbox friends.  It is a game breaking issue and needs to be addressed and the community needs to start making some noise about this, because the reputation system is unfair and broken.

Thanks,

-Wayne Viktorius

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi Wayne Viktorius, 

Sorry you're having issues connecting to matches due to your reputation. Unfortunately the only way to increase your reputation is playing online without getting any more negative feedback. I understand that it can be extremely frustrating not finding games due to your rep. I've seen people have more luck with newer online games as more people are playing them. The link below is the Enforcement site to where you can view your current feedback. 

Xbox Enforcement

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, that does not help much. The problem is I can't get into ANY matches. If I can't get into any matches, I can't play games to get my reputation up. This canned solution garbage from the Policy and Enforcement team is useless because I cannot get in games, which is the perquisite for their solutions. It's a band aid solution to a broken leg.  They are offering a solution that is 1). Ineffective and impossible and 2). does not fix the root of the problem, which is their terrible reputation system.

I appreciate your input and response but it does not help in the slightest, as it does not address this systemic issue that is literally plaguing Xbox live. I've been following the Policy and Enforcement thread and the posts of people come to my email, but don't show up on the forum. In 6 hours there are almost 30 complaints for this issue. It's not fair and broken, and people need to start speaking up and the solution of saying play games without being reported needs to stop being propagated because it simply DOES NOT WORK since people with this problem cannot play any games.

Sorry this didn't help.

If anybody wants to get out of red the only way seems to be to play with others who are in the red, which is realistically impossible--so it seems like almost a lifetime multiplayer online ban,.

If you add me at Mr Cobalt CRG, I'm trying to form a group of people to get on a game like Halo (not limited to Halo) and play together to improve reputation and be allowed to play again. Message me for details.

Sorry this didn't help.