Cannot connect to Live, nor test connection

What Country/State/Province do you live in?   Chicago, Illinois
Modem brand & model number:   2Wire 2701HG-B
Router brand & model number:   None
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired  Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?  N/A
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?  N/A
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown  Unknown
Is NAT Type Open?   Unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter:   N/A
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?   DSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?   AT&T
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?   Cannot run test to find out.

Alright, so my setup recently changed due to a death of a modem. My previous setup comprised of a Modem whose brand escapes me and a LinkSys WRT54-G Router, and has worked well with Xbox Live for the better part of 3 years and 2 apartments. Today my replacement modem was delivered, one of AT&T's new 2Wire modems, which has eliminated the need for a router, as it has 4 Ethernet ports and Wireless. The modem is working just fine...i set up the DSL with not issue, and currently have my PC on a wired connection and my fiancee's Macbook on the wireless, and we're having no issues. 

The Xbox connection is wired using a 35' Ethernet cable that is working just fine...the first thing i checked was the cable. I thought it actually *was* the cable at first, because the modem has indicator LED's for connections at the sockets on the rear....the socket the PC is hooked into is solid green, and the Xbox connection is not lit at all. Upon powering up the Xbox, the LED for it's connection lights for about 3 seconds before turning off and staying off. Then, when attempting to connect to Xbox Live, it say i cannot connect. 

When going to the "More Info" option OR doing the Dashboard/Console Settings/Network Settings, nothing lets me Test Connection or even select an option! When i select "Wired Connection" an info pane pops up explaining WHAT a wired connection is, but nothing more! I've seen in some photos here a check mark is supposed to show up, but i'm getting nothing...i cant make the selection. It's refusing to see the connection, maybe? And if so, why? 

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

-Adam

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Addendum: I just tossed in the LinkSys back into the mix to see if maybe that would do something, and it didnt. No deviation from the problem above :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey mate, it sounds like your ethernet port might have tied when the modem did, too. As such, you'll want to set up a repair for that port (or use a wireless adapter), which you can set up through phone support, or on this site.

Sorry this didn't help.

Heya,

Yeah, i deduced the very same after going out and purchasing a new CAT 5 just in case, and it didnt work. So i bit the bullet and purchased the Wireless Adapter, which is working splendidly.

Thanks for having this forum available for support!

-adam

Sorry this didn't help.

Of course! Feel free to tell your friends. ;-)

Sorry this didn't help.