Cannot connect to any xbox live party or private chat

I have an open nat type, even wired my xbox straight to the modem and still can not connect. I have reset the modem three times and it was working fine yesterday when i was online.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hey there Sage!  Could you try re-downloading your profile to see if that helps at all?  Also, have you consulted with your ISP at all over this issue to see if there are any problems on there end?  If not, could you please do so and get back with us and let us know if they are having any problems?  Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i tried re downloading my profile and its still a no go. also i called my isp and they said they are having no problems. i have tried a different router and modem. but also three of my friends are have the same problem not connecting to any one on our friends list.

Sorry this didn't help.

1.Check your “Parental Control” settings. On the Dashboard, go to the “System” tab. Select “Family Settings.” Under the option “Access to Xbox Live,” the current setting must read “Allowed” in order for you to communicate on Xbox Live.

2.Power off, then power on your Xbox 360 console. Like some PCs that have gone awry, your Xbox 360 may just need to be restarted. Wait 30 seconds before powering on the Xbox 360.

3.Check to see that your headset and controller are working properly.

Remove the controller’s rechargeable battery.

Test your Internet connection.

Check that your “NAT” setting reads “Open.”

Reset your router.

If you are still unable to have a Private Chat, you should visit Xbox.com’s tech support page for more customized assistance and to be sure that your Xbox is not in need of repairs

Sorry this didn't help.