Cannot connect to any game servers. (PLEASE HELP)

Can someone please help me?  I am logged onto Xbox Live but when I go to play any game, I cannot  connect to the game server.  I have been having this problem for 2 weeks now.  Sometimes I get lucky and I can connect to a server but when I turn my xbox off for ten minutes it has the same problem.  This is not making sense to me.  I also know its not just the one game.  I try Madden 13 and cannot connect to the EA servers, then I go and try and play Black Ops 2 and cannot connect to their servers either.  If someone has had this problem how did you fix it??  I had this problem about four months ago but it suddenly stopped.  Can someone please help??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there xXx M3AN3R xXx!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with connecting to game servers. It's never a bad idea to try clearing your console's system cache and redownloading your profile. These steps can help resolve basic issues with random disconnects and trouble getting connected to Xbox Live. It's a fairly simple process, just follow these steps!

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Tap the silver Xbox Guide button
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign in, and retry.

Let us know how that goes for you. If you are still having issues please read the START HERE post and hit us with your network info. With that we can look into the problem further.

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problem I can't connect to ghost servers or any servers and I can't even connect to my friends party's or nothing what going on help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Optimus! If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you've tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.