I recently bought an Xbox for my nephew. The first evening I was able to connect to Xbox Live and create a profile, downloaded a game, etc.
Since the day after, he cannot connect to Xbox live anymore.
Here is what I have tried:
- Switched off firewall on router: doesn't work;
- Connected the Xbox directly to the modem with a cable (no router): doesn't work;
- Connected my own Xbox on the same wireless network: it works;
- Connected the Xbox at my home: doesn't work;
- Deleted profiles and did initial setup again: doesn't work;
- Profile downloaded on my own Xbox to check if the profile is somehow corrupt: it works;
The weird thing is that the connection test tells us that Internet connection succeeded, but Xbox live connection doesn't.
Connecting to Xbox Live on a pc with his account is no problem at all.
For some reason the Xbox helpdesk refuses to believe it is a hardware related problem, but I think I have proved enough to say i is.
Doen anyone have a clue? Thanks!