Hello everyone. I recently purchased a returned 320gig HDD (the new XBox Slim style) from a Best Buy auction. After inserting the new hard drive and transferring content from my old hard drive, my Xbox Slim gets stuck trying to do a system update before failing. Afterwards, I can't connect to XBox Live and so basically can't do much with the unit. I get the following status code: 3CD6 0000 3080 0504 8007 0468
I am using a wired connection; when I try the network test, it says that it can connect to the Internet but not XBox Live. Nothing has changed with the system/environment except for the hard drive. And everything has worked before. When I plug in old hard drive, everything is ok!
I have tried all of the following:
- power cycle modem and router
- configured port triggers/forwards (although I never needed to before)
- looked for corrupted files that may have occurred during the data transfer
- dloaded the update and saved on USB key and tried to update manually but got the same result
- tried to look up the above error code but can't find anything for code 8007 0468
Based on #4, it's able to dload the update (when not using the USB key), but it's failing at some point when trying to process the update. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point?
I want to point out that otherwise, the new hard drive appears to be fine(?). It is not like I can't boot up at all, or see any of the data that I transferred over. But there is obviously something wrong. :(