Cannot complete system update with newly purchased hard drive

Hello everyone.  I recently purchased a returned 320gig HDD (the new XBox Slim style) from a Best Buy auction.  After inserting the new hard drive and transferring content from my old hard drive, my Xbox Slim gets stuck trying to do a system update before failing.  Afterwards, I can't connect to XBox Live and so basically can't do much with the unit.  I get the following status code:  3CD6 0000 3080 0504 8007 0468

I am using a wired connection; when I try the network test, it says that it can connect to the Internet but not XBox Live.  Nothing has changed with the system/environment except for the hard drive.  And everything has worked before.  When I plug in old hard drive, everything is ok!

I have tried all of the following:

1. power cycle modem and router
  2. configured port triggers/forwards (although I never needed to before)
  3. looked for corrupted files that may have occurred during the data transfer
  4. dloaded the update and saved on USB key and tried to update manually but got the same result
  5. tried to look up the above error code but can't find anything for code 8007 0468

Based on #4, it's able to dload the update (when not using the USB key), but it's failing at some point when trying to process the update.  I'm not sure what else I can do at this point?

I want to point out that otherwise, the new hard drive appears to be fine(?).  It is not like I can't boot up at all, or see any of the data that I transferred over.  But there is obviously something wrong. :(

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello,

I'm going to assume that since you purchased this from Best Buy Auctions that it's OEM or Used as BB Auctions hardly sells new items. If everything is working correctly with the old hard drive one would assume that it's something with the hard drive that was just purchased which is causing these issues to begin with. I would suggest returning that hard drive and getting a brand new one out of the box or another used one to try your luck. But it definitely seems to be something with the hard drive itself if everything with the old one worked perfectly fine. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Holy crap, after a long session with an MS support person, we discovered the solution: disconnect Kinect, and then update via USB.  Who would've thought that Kinect was somehow borking the system update process?  Update processed, and the XBox Live connection test passed.  So looks good now.

Much thanks to Jessica at MS Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.