Cannot complete new terms and conditions September 2012

I’ve got a very frustrating problem which i cannot seem to solve.

I first signed up to Xbox live about 6 years ago, using my main hotmail account.

At the time i wasn’t old enough to make an adult account, so I made a temp parent account in order for it to validate.

I’ve now got my Xbox back out after not using it for a long time, i am now 22.

When I tried to log into Xbox live it said i need to get my parents’ permission, obviously I couldn’t access it, as it was no longer an account which worked. Also I was unable to request a password reset as I literally entered all the details in it as "asdqwd" etc. just random key presses.

The problem is now i cannot make another Xbox account as my main and only hotmail email is now locked to  this account which i cannot use.

I have no intention of making a new hotmail account as this is what i use for all my emails.

Every member of Microsoft staff i have spoken to hasn’t been able to help me, which is extremely frustrating. As i can simply show them my passport/drivers license/ bills etc. which would all match my hotmail/xbox live details. I don’t even mind deleting my Xbox account and making a new one, so long as I can use my current email address and not have to make another one

I don’t know what to do and I need to get this sorted asap :( otherwise I’m giving up on Xbox and going elsewhere.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It doesn't update automatically probably for security reasons, you must do it manually because they need to VERIFY you are the owner. Do you understand? So when you take off the child account, then they ask you to verify you are the owner, so you put in passwords and any other security information and that's that!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The problems being solved, i went to answer.microsoft.com, they have actual Microsoft staff that can change details/correct errors, rather than just suggest what to do.

Thanks anyway :D

Sorry this didn't help.

I know im probably not being very clear here, sorry its hard to explain what im trying to say.

bascially;

my hotmail email is linked to "captain edd"

i cannot use "captain edd" as i cannot log in as parent

can i delete "captain edd" so that i can make a new xbox live user.

as your only allowed one user connected to your hotmail email.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes for some strange reason, it has saved the aol account on my xbox so all i need is the password to get it to work.

But the AOL email is from an old version which is no longer used. Therefore i cannot make another one. ive emailed AOL to ask if they can reenable the account  but they cannot. Ive tried the password reset thing but they said i didn't give enough information for it to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont have the information to the fake parental account. I dont understand why my account cannot be automaticly updated to adult if i show them passport etc, which shows im 22. Either that or just let me DELETE my current xbox live account. Once its deleted il make a new one on my current hotmail account. As your only allowed one xbox live account on one email address.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Edd, I'm so sorry for all the trouble you've been going through, but I'm going to be the bearer of bad news here. If there's no way to access the e-mail due to fake information given in the account for the details, then unfortunately there's no other choice but to make a brand new account.

--

If you go here account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx and continue to the process, there's an option where it says "I can't use any of these methods" it will redirect you to an application where you can fill out information that would verify you are the owner. The problem with showing them your identifications, IE; license, bills, or passport is that there is nothing to compare that information to, because the fact is, that you did not put the correct details when making the account!

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you sure? The e-mail is an old comcast.net email, which I've tried to gain access to, but comcast says it doesn't exist anymore. Which means it is literally impossible to gain access to.

Is there a way I can talk to a support person and have them remove the dead e-mail from the account manually?

Sorry this didn't help.

You CANNOT change the password without having access to the e-mail. If you are locked out of the e-mail and can't verify that you are the owner, the unfortunate bottom line is that it is deemed inaccessible unless you can find out the information to get it back. I cannot stress enough how important it is to put down REAL information when making an account, and always take care of it! Write down your password if you have trouble remembering it and always, ALWAYS update information and use REAL information! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

If you would like assistance please make a new thread, this thread is merely for the OP. But let me say again before you make a new thread, there is no way to gain access, or have a microsoft manually remove it without verifying you are the owner, ie; providing information.

Sorry this didn't help.

Then unfortunately there's nothing more for me to really do, if any of my fellow Ambassadors has any advice then that's fine, but as of right now it seems like you're pretty stuck. The only option is to make a brand new account with RECENT information!

Sorry this didn't help.