Cannot change my account email

I no longer have th eemail that I used to set up my account. When I try to change th eemail address it gets stuck in a loop that says I need to ge the code from th eold email. When I respond that I no longer have access, it takes me to a screen to update my profile. That screen again insists on sending info to th eold email. How do I update my profile without access to th eoriginal email. All I want to do is access my family account in order tobuy pts for my son. This is way tooo much work!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I hope this helps.  First, you will need your new e-mail address and the password to the parent account on XBOX Live.  From the dashboard, click the guide button.  Push right twice bringing up the settings.  Select Account Management.  Push right twice.  Select Billing Information.  Enter your password (remember it is case-sensitive) and sign in.  From there, you should be able to select the e-mail address and change it.  If it says it is sending a code, try to see if it can send you a text message rather than an e-mail.  I believe, but am not 100% positive, that by doing it on the console, it won't ask for a code.

I hope I helped you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh dear!  Hmmm, if you head here, it should give you instructions to either delete that email (a 30 day cooldown period) or update it with a mobile number.  Does that get you in? http://xbox.com/proofs

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.