Cannot change ms account

Hi ive been having this problem since the start of december last.I dont play the xbox myself anymore but my nephew does and he is using my ms account for his gt.Obviously when i tried to switch accounts it would not do it as he had another gt added to his ms account by xbox when he signed up,another stupid problem with xbox.So i contacted xbox live and they told me to make a bogus ms account and to switch the gt from my nephews account to that.Not once was i told that i had to wait 30 days to make the switch and to wait another 30 days to download the gt on his ms account to the xbox he was using.So after i tried to switch his gt on his account to the bogus account it would not work because i had to wait 30 days for his ms account on his xbox,only found this out after another long chat with customer support.So far this has cost me 2 months,anyway after i was able to switch the gt on his ms account to the bogus ms account i had to wait another 30 days to switch his gt to his ms account leaving me have my own ms account back.Now after i patiently waited another 30 days i cannot transfer his gt to his account,i still havent got my own account back and after hours on the phone with customer support they dont know what is wrong,i asked them to make the change but they wont.They wont email me or ring me back and im stuck with a gt on my ms account that my nephew uses a lot and it starting to really annoy me.Now im going to have to close my ms account for good and my nephew loses all his stats from games or just put up with this situation.This is an absolute joke and xbox should make a change to their security system because of situations like this.I should not have to wait 5 months to get my account back over a simple switch that could be done in 30 seconds and not have to wait a month each time to do something on a childs xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Can anyone help me out with this at all?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I see that this is your situation right now:

Your Microsoft Account - tied to - Your nephews gamertag

Your nephews Microsoft account - tied to - nothing

Bogus Microsoft account - tied to - gamertag your nephew accidentally signed up for

And you're stuck trying to move your nephew's gamertag to his Microsoft account.

Are you getting this message? "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now."?

Assuming it's been over 30 days since any profile was downloaded and any gamertag transfer, I can only guess that currency might be an issue, because one of the requirements I've found is that to move a gamertag, you must use up all of the currency on that account. So is there any unused currency left on your nephew's account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for the reply and you nailed the cliffs.I was a bit tl:dr but i was just trying to get my point across as i am very much frustrated at this point.No there is no currency left on the account,ive spent hours on the phone with support and they dont know what is wrong either.TBH i dont even think they know what they are doing half the time as that is the impression i got.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure that your security proofs on account.live.com are verified on both ms accounts. You need to have two verified proofs on your account, verified meaning it sent a code to it and you have entered the code back on that webpage. Security proofs can prevent many processed from happenening the same as currency on the account will.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the help.This is what i dont get,i already made a change without having to verify accounts no problem on the xbox itself,so why now do i have to do it all of a sudden?Why wasn't this explained to me over the hours i wasted on the phone and online.Why cant we have this security issue changed to the one you suggested by simply sending a code to your phone or email without having to wait a month each time to do something.

Sorry this didn't help.