Cannot change gamer tag linked email

Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble changing my email account that is linked to one of my gamer tags.

I want to change the email linked to my gamertag so, on my console i goto (Settings > Account > Your Information > Account Security > Change Microsoft Account), input my login credentials  and then input the new credentials (which i recently created in order to free up the linked one).

Then i get the following error message "Sorry, we cant change your Micosoft account right. For more info, go to Xbox.com/AccountSwap.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Perhaps those new credentials have been associated with another gamertag. Does the same thing happen when you go to http://account.live.com sign in with the old Microsoft Account then go to account.live.com/ChangeID.aspx to make the change there?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why do I get a ”Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now” error when I try to make a change to my Microsoft account?

You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given Xbox LIVE gamertag every 30 days. If 30 days haven’t passed since the last time the Microsoft account was changed, you’ll receive the error message “Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now.”

Note: You also must wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account.

-

There is no way around this wait time. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.