Cannot change Gamer Picture or Name for Offline Profiles (XBOX 360)

Hello,

Our XBox 360 is used in a public library for children to enjoy during a game night, which means customization options are key.  Unfortunately, as of the last update (which we installed on May 26th) we can no longer modify the Gamer Picture for an offline profile.  I'm uncertain whether we ever had the ability, but we also have no way to rename a profile.

The reason I'm asking is because our original naming scheme of "Player One" "Player Two" etc was rendered utterly useless, because the children pick their avatar based on their hair color, not what numbered player they are.  So, I now need to change things to "Mr. Blue," "Miss Red," etc.

I talked with support about it, and they suggested I leave a forum post so the issue could be looked at and hopefully resolved in a future system update.

-Marienville Area Library

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 147 Applies to:

Hello, I just wanted to bump this and mention that the latest system update didn't remedy the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That only applies to an online account. Offline profiles do not have the option to change their profile info, as "Edit Profile" was disabled during a system update for offline profiles.

To be clear: I am talking about profiles you create that have NO link to an online account. The ones stored only on the hard drive/memory, and no where else.

Sorry this didn't help.

This will help you step by step :)

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-gamer-profile-settings

Sorry this didn't help.