Cannot Access Account?

A few weeks ago, I cancelled my XBox Live Gold renewal - and thought all was fine and dandy. I thought the billion hoops and barrels I had to go through were far, far, far too much, but I got through it, and cancelled the renewal.

Or so I thought.

When I logged on to my XBox today, it told me my Xbox Live account was suspended, apparently because the payment didn't go through for my Gold account.

Which should never have gone through in the first place.

Confused, I logged onto XBoxlive.com to manage my account - except! When I clicked on "My Account" it gave me this:

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 05/04/2013 11:27:49 PM
code: 11F4D9DD3C627F
s: miOYCRld4q38ctNP1LYpvA==
id: d69b27ed-0171-4fc7-8297-bbc1d679b1ab
req: 78b255b5-a1b2-4753-98ac-cfcf038168de

So, not only did I spend all that time going through pointless security blockades to cancel my subscription, now I find it wasn't actually cancelled, and I'm getting blocked from my account to try and fix the problem. 

I am upset, and frustrated. And I DO NOT want have to talk to someone on the phone.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

@Sylandri - we are only ambassadors... gamers like yourself who volunteer our knowledge to help out others with their problems with the xbox, live, etc.

However, when it comes to billing issues such as what's been cropping up the only people who can help are phone support.  They'll be able to confirm you actually have ownership of the account before going in to see what's been going on.

Imagine all the upset people in the xbox live universe if just anyone could easily access their accounts.  It would be mayhem.

Give support a call so they can help resolve the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems to me, that this is a wide-spread issue - I've seen multiple people posting with the same problem. And since it has to do with account access - specifically the part where people can access their financial parts of their accounts - shouldn't this be something you guys are actively working to fix - so that you can say "Sorry, we're currently working on resolving this known problem." Instead of "We can't do anything, phone these guys instead."

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same exact problem right now. I canceled with paypal because I wanted to make my payments with a pre-paid card. I went to use it and it won't allow me to.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I'm here to help you! Sorry but the only way to truly fix this is to call 1800 469-9269. They will clear this up in under 10 minutes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, at the point where you are getting that error, it will be necessary to contact Support through one of our secure methods.  If getting time for a phone call during the day is tough, would it be possible for you to talk to an official chat agent?  You can get those through the contact-us page as well!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem too!

forums.xbox.com/.../535374.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry you guys are having this issue.  However, you'll need to call support to have them help with this

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand the security part, and I understand that you guys don't have any power to fix the problem yourselves (so I'm sorry if I seemed upset with you personally...) - I'm mostly frustrated to have gone through all the hoops, and danced all the dances, just to have my account all mangled, and not be able to access the part that would fix it, because of a technical error on the website. (And lets face it, I can access my bank account without as much security junk as Microsoft has. Which is sad, when you think about it.)

If I ever have time to phone the support line, when it's actually open, I will do so. But there is, literally, no other way to contact these guys? The only time I seem to have to dedicate to fixing this, is in the middle of the night - when I should be sleeping - and the phone lines are closed then. :(

Sorry this didn't help.