Cancelling Auto Renewal XBL

Tried to cancel my XBL membership online and it's saying "An error occurred cancelling automatic renewal."

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kyle.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I know it's ridiculous, but at least you have the satisfaction of telling an account  rep why tour pulling your credit card from their database.  If enough people dump their gold accounts, what good are they anyway with a console ban, Microsoft will need to look into the problem. There is no way in hell I'm buying another XBox to fix this so called crime they seem to think I've done.  My next console will be a Sony, at least that service is free, and I expect it to be lousy!  The best of luck to you Gandhi!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

apparently you are forced to call in and be put on hold to stop them from taking your money.  So much for customer appreciation.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ridiculous is'nt it, you have to phone xbox and politely ask please dont take my money,this is so wrong.

Sorry this didn't help.

To cancel auto renewal you must call phone support and have them turn it OFF for you. The ability to do so online is only limited to a select few states in the US and that is only because of state law. Everyone else must call to turn it off.

Just keep in mind if you buy a promo offer on the dashboard once you turn it off it will automatically be turned back on again and you would need to call to turn it back off.

Sorry this didn't help.