Cancelling an ongoing transaction along with Automatic Renewal?

I do not remember authorizing Auto Renewal, but now I'm in a bind. My credit card will be charged for one month (entirely unintended). But I am unable to deposit the funds at the moment, as there will be a storm passing through Puerto Rico, and all offices will be closed. I'd like to cancel the transaction and disable Auto Renewal ASAP. Is there any way I can do this online, or do I have to call customer support? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 400 Applies to:

Yes you will have to phone Xbox Support to cancel automatic renewal.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You authorized automatic renewal when you used a credit/debit card to pay for XBL and when you accepted the XBL Terms of Service (section 5). If you no longer wish to have auto renewal on you will need to contact support for your region and have them turn it off. If you wish to remove your payment instrument and it is on an active membership you would need to wait for that membership to run out (FYI if you purchase a promotional deal after you turn off auto renew it would turn it back on and you would need to call to turn it off again) and then you would be able to remove it via billing.microsoft.com or by contacting support again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I must respectfully disagree with the two of you. I am aware of Live's TOS, recently the console had SPECIFICALLY requested if I was interested in Auto-renewal, as my subscription was nearing expiration. Of course, I could not, so I clicked no. How the system refused to acknowledge my choice is beyond me. That is why I'm trying to locate Live customer service, or a possible solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

No the terms and conditions of the tos specifically requires that the autorenewal be turned on when buying any promotional deal

Also you are warned when click purchase this this membership will renew

Also you are buying a subscription which autorenewal indefinately till cancelation notice is given this is not a new concept mmorpgs your cable tv and Internet and water and hydro all require cancelation notice

You are given not one but 3 warnings before renewals

If you wish never to have to cancel renewals then skip free game promotions and discounts and stick with prepaid membership cards

It is that simple

Sorry this didn't help.

That is like going thru a yield crossing even though oncoming traffic keeps you from entering you must obey the rules of xbox live just like you obey the rules of the road

Sorry this didn't help.

*sigh* I might as well call Customer Support and suffer through that torture and see what I can do.

Thanks anyway. No need to be rude.

Sorry this didn't help.

.... The hell with Microsoft. This really *** me off. It shouldn't even be this difficult to cancel the auto renewal to begin with. I'm switching to Sony.

Sorry this didn't help.