Cancel Auto-Renewal | Help?

When you call into "Xbox Support" to cancel the auto-renewal on an account, are they suppose to remind/warn you that your account Gold Membership will be canceled?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

nope

cause it doesn't cancel your account

only time it does is if you demand that dispite their warnings that if you want a creditcard removed from a month to month membership

as a prepaid token cannot be issued for 1month or less

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is exactly what happened to me today. I had a Gold account that was current through 10/14/11. I called today to turn OFF my auto renewal and the lady I spoke with said she was going to do this. I then received an email about 5 minutes later stating my Gold account has been canceled. I turned on my Xbox and sure enough there it was asking me to upgrade to Gold when I tried to log in and view something on ESPN.

So I then call back and am on the phone with another lady for 30 minutes. She said she cannot turn my Gold account back on and that this would need to be done by a supervisor contacting me and issuing me a 3 month Gold membership. I was told that a supervisor would be contacting me within 10-15 minutes.

An hour goes by and I have received no phone call. So I call back Xbox, go through the prompts of having an open issue and again get in contact with a third lady who then tells me that a Supervisor has 24 or 48 hours to contact me (At this point I am so pissed that I don't remember if it was 24 or 48 hours). I asked to speak with a Supervisor and the lady tells me that she cannot transfer me to one. I hung up on her and am now stuck at waiting at the mercy of the phone call from Xbox and I not able to do anything relating to Xbox Gold this evening.

This all happened because Xbox has continue to fail to add the option of turning your Auto Renewal ON/OFF. Well that and under trained customer support representatives.

UNACCEPTABLE!

Sorry this didn't help.

Turning off auto-renewal will not cancel your LIVE subscription. If you feel that your LIVE subscription was canceled accidentally, please contact phone support to figure out why.

Sorry this didn't help.