Canadian XBL Account while living in Australia.

Hey folks. Need some help, support and advice. I have a Canadian XBL account since 2006 when I lived in Canada. I have moved to Australia with my wife and bought a new Xbox (in australia) and loaded my XBL Canadian account. I was able to buy one Game on Demand using my Canadian credit card on he Canadian XBMP as well as redownload all my previous purchases. I tried buy some other games but most are region locked, which I understand and will purchase the physical Australian copy. My issue is Xbox live points. When ever I try to purchase Xbox live points online using my Xbox console or on the xbox live website I conitue to get the message "cannot process your order, please try a different payment option" I have been trying a week now and no result. I called my credit card company in Canada in they said there was no issue with the card and no signs of Xbox attempting to credit my card. I have attempted to buy some other games on demad and no getting the same message " cannot process your order..." I have deleted an added my credit card again, but issue persist. I would like to purchase some DLC and Arcade games but stuck with this issue. I know I can't purchase XBL points cards in Australia because they will not work with my account that is why I have been trying to purchase points off the Canadian account using my Canadian credit card. So here are some questions: - are XBL Point region locked even when trying to purchase on XBL website/Xbox console? - is there anyways around it? - if I purchased XB point cards in canada (have them shipped to me) will they work while I'm in Australia? - will I need to create a new australian account? - if I purchase DLC on a different account will it be avalible on my canadian account. Any suggestions? Support or advice will help greatly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can't purchase points as your account is Canadian. Only work around that may work is create a new Australian Silver account and use that for puchases. Your Canadian account should have access to the purchases made with the new account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.