Can't use Xbox Live on Xbox One and Xbox 360 Simultaneously

If I'm using my Xbox One, and then turn on my Xbox 360, the 360 has serious problems connecting to Xbox Live. The behavior's a little confusing (it's not as simple as "turn one on, the other goes off") but the only way I'm reliably able to use Live on my 360 is to turn off my One, wait 5 or 10 minutes, reboot the router, and reboot the 360. Otherwise I get an inscrutable error message (like "something weird happened, error code XYZ123ABC").

Is anyone else seeing this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

After a support chat, here's what I sent as feedback (not that I think it'll get heard):

I own an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One, and I've been paying for Xbox Live for years now. I am a loyal and valued customer and enjoy both products.

I'm trying to use both the 360 and the One simultaneously, or switch between them. Unfortunately, if I have recently been using the One, then turn on the 360, I can't connect to Xbox Live unless I wait 10 minutes and reboot everything (and leave the Xbox One turned off). Otherwise, on the 360, I get an inscrutable error message telling me to test my connection.

Clearly (and this was verified by a support chat) Xbox Live is only allowing one console at a time. I have several distinct requests:

1. Allow simultaneous Xbox Live connection from 2 consoles.  

2. If  not, then improve the error message so it clearly states "you cant connect from your Xbox 360 because you are currently signed in on your Xbox One"

3. Fix the Xbox One so that it doesn't keep signing in & kicking off the 360

4. Allow signing out / signing in immediately, without a 10 minute delay

Thanks!

Just a strange question but why would you want to play the both at the same time?

I do this every day successfully. I have the 360 on the HDMI In for the X1 and have both on at the same time, signed into live. I personally do this to chat with 360 friends while playing the One. I have never had any issues with it, sounds like it could be a setup issue. I do have both consoles hard wired into my router.

I do this all the time. It has always connected to Live...no problems

I connect with both consoles  at the same time without problems.

[quote user="Doc Possible"]If I'm using my Xbox One, and then turn on my Xbox 360, the 360 has serious problems connecting to Xbox Live.[/quote]The ports used by the 360 overlap the ports used by Xbox One. Which router do you have? You may want to verify it can support multiple consoles simultaneously.

OP as suggested above, I also believe its your router causing the issue. This is why rebooting the router cures it.

I wasn't being smart guys. Was just curious. Good reasons though.

Thanks for the router suggestion! I'll look into it. Good to hear it's working for others.

Following up on the router issues, it may be slightly more simple than that, I would recommend assigning a static IP address for each of your consoles also, as it sounds like you might somehow have an IP conflict with the two or some other device on your network. I as the others above have stated have no issue running both units on live at the same time. (I did have to re-forward the ports to open my NAT to my ONE instead of 360) but that is mostly for chat.