Can't Use Xbox Button on Console to Turn It off

I want to be able to use the touch-sensitive button on my Xbox One to turn it off, rather than having to use the Kinect Voice command or my controller. However, every time I press the button on the front of the console, it doesn't do anything. I've tried doing it softly and holding my thumb on the button for a few seconds, but nothing fixes it.

Are you just not able to do it or something? Because the site support is telling me this should be able to turn the console off.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 95 Applies to:

Yes it should turn off when you touch it, however with my console I've found that it can be picky as to where you're touching it and/or how. You might want to try different ways of touching it, for example sliding your finger across it, touching it straight on, different parts of the button etc to see if you can get it to work. Also try touching and holding it continuously for 30 seconds while the console is on, if this doesn't reboot your console then there is a problem. If it doesn't work regardless of how you do it, I'd contact support.

Matthew Marion

If this post helped you, don't forget to like it!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.