Can't use the credit from a Microsoft Pre paid card

I have been waiting for the Microsoft advocacy team to resolve an issue for several months and am not getting anywhere.

Before  deciding to escalate this to the BBB and any other channels I can find I thought I would give this forum a try.

My son purchased a $25 xbox pre paid card from Walmart and applied it to his account.

When we look at his account online it shows he has $25 credit. But when he goes on the XBOX and tries to purchase anything it only gives him the option of paying by credit card (which I had to add and defeats the object of making him buy prepaid cards so he doesn't have access to buy things on my credit card) or adding a paypal account. There is no way he can use the $25 in his MSA to pay for anything.

We have tried various tests like buying Minecraft skins for a $1 on the credit card (which supposedly should have activated his MSA account after it was switched to local currency). No matter what we try he is never given the option of using the $25 in his MSA account to pay for anything. 

His $25 has now been locked up in the Microsoft coffers for several months inaccessible. All the advocacy team ever tell us is that the matter is under investigation. It is not so much the $25 that is the issue here it is the principal of the fact that if this situation were reversed and we owed Microsoft $25 I can bet there would have been consequences by now.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to resolve this ? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

i have a same problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OK did you buy a prepaid card out of region ? Like a Canadian code on an american account?

That would be why

Currency codes are region specific and are not transferable between regions

What region was the code from?

What is the region. Of your account?

What is your actual region?

If these two don't match

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically you will have to wait for the adovacy team

But if you answer. The above post it may help explain what happened

Sorry this didn't help.