Can't Swap Microsoft Accounts - multiple errors

Hi,

I'm trying to switch my Gamertag from my very old Microsoft account (6+ years), to my new one. When I do, on my 360 I get "Sorry , we can't change your Microsoft account right now. For more info, go to Xbox.com/AccountSwap." (the url doesn't exist, by the way).

Also relevant, is navigating to https://account.xbox.com/en-CA/Settings (which is Manage my privacy and online safety) from My Account Dashboard on this site gives me this error:

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

date: 22/11/2013 5:41:35 AM
s: mTH0lZn22aSsBMhjmlYG78mPjt0/N9zYgiH+Jf/J7TM=
req: 5bb46764-fa86-441b-897a-785ee3a2c384

And going to privacy settings on my new Xbox One gives this error: "There was a problem. We could not get your family info from Xbox Live. 0x80bd0004"

I promoted the account from a child account recently to anticipate this change. Is it possible this is causing some kind of issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tay

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 157 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

bump. (also sorry for the formatting, no idea how that happened)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There may be a couple reasons why you can not make the change at this time.

First, make sure you have no currency on the account. it will not be transferred and needs to be spent before hand.

Second, how long ago did you make the new account? A new account needs to wait 30 days before it can have an already existing gamertag moved over to it.

Third, make sure the new Microsoft Account doesn't already have a gamertag on it. If you took it to anything xbox, or downloaded it onto an xbox, you may have a gamertag on it. if you didn't do these things, then please do NOT log in with it to xbox.com to try to find out, because that would also give it a gamertag.

If none of these are the issue please feel free to let us know and we can try some other options, but these are the most common reasons.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm with you TkDiamonD. I am officially beyond frustration. I have been trying to change my Gamertag for a year or more now. I try waste a few hours, and then give up. A couple months again later I try again. And the same issue over and over again and again.

Tonight for the last two hours I've dedicated to do this and after waiting for Support for 40 minutes, then chatting for 45 minutes, the chat just ended. Just plain simple ended. No log, no follow up nothing. I'm soo irate right now I am about to through the XBOX through the window and return my un opened XBOX One that I have sitting here for Christmas.

Macky on Support by the way is an IDIOT. Any proof anyone wants I have my screen shotted chat log because you can't email the chat log after they have ended your chat.  

Following instructions from a support chat from a couple days ago:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

I'm stuck on step 3. I create the account, then try to swap the BS GamerTag on the account I want to use to the temp account and I get the same exact message as above, and yes bad link for xbox.com/AccountSwap.

So what now????? Anyone????

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah there's only roughly 50 cents left on the account, so I'm not worried about that. The new account has been around for probably around 4 years, so not that new. It also definitely does not have a GamerTag associated with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can understand your frustration especially when you pay for a premium service like Live Gold & get treated like you're Live Bronze.  I am guessing that your account was at some point in the Family Live Gold plan & was migrated to an individual account?  Here is my post on a similar if not the exact same problem.

forums.xbox.com/.../1628530.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

What's the full link?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in a similar boat.  My GT has never been on another console, only had one GT.  I move my GT to a new MS account because something went wrong when I renamed from Hotmail to outlook.  Now that my old MS account is fixed I want everything consolidated again, and I want my Skydrive storage back.  Getting the same error as everyone else here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry... didn't notice the link got truncated. Here is full link to my post.  I am about to post a possible solution that has at least restored access to Live account services & management to my affected accounts, AND definitely supports my suspicion that a change was made on the back-end to support features of the Xbox One, but was not fully tested on all user UI front-ends that interface with the back-end.  Hello Microsoft Support & Co.... are you paying attention???

forums.xbox.com/.../1628530.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the issue about switching Gamertags between two Microsoft accounts. I get the same error message "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now. For more info, go to Xbox.com/AccountSwap" and the URL still doesn't exist. This is very frustrating as I need to connect my Xbox Live account to my main email account so that I can access my Skype / Xbox Music etc. via Xbox One

Sorry this didn't help.

So after speaking with support, here's all the reasons why you might be unable to swap accounts (mine was that I recovered my account onto the xbox one). Seems a little excessive, and silly if you ask me.

- After you create an Xbox Live gamertag, you cannot change the Microsoft account that is associated with the gamertag for 30 days.

- After you create a new Microsoft account and associate the new Microsoft account with your gamertag, you cannot change the account again for 30 days.

- The new Microsoft account cannot have been associated with any other gamertag or billing account in the last 30 days.  

- You cannot change the Microsoft account that is associated with a profile if the profile has been recovered to a new device in the last 30 days.  

- The 30 day waiting period starts again each time you recover your gamertag to a new device.

- Only one Microsoft account change is allowed in a 30-day period (one change per gamertag). If you recently changed your Microsoft account, you won't be able to change the Microsoft account again until 30 days have passed.

- You must also wait 30 days after the profile was recovered from Xbox LIVE to a console before changing the Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed after recovering the gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.