Can't Submit Player Review

Over the past few months I've run into several instances where I try to submit a player review but I'm unable to due to both the Prefer and Avoid buttons being greyed out and unselectable. These players often but not always don't show in my recently played list either and their gamercards are only accessible in-game.

I thought that we weren't allowed to block player reviews.

Have these players hacked their accounts to do this?

Is there a workaround?

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2018 Views 146 Applies to:

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

This is quite puzzling. Could I just ask:

1. Is it a particular player you can not submit a review on?

2. Is anyone else in your recent players list?

Please get back to me, and please don't name and shame. Although you haven't yet, but the first question people could think I'm after names when I'm not.

Regards

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm a level 4 Ambassador (despite what my icon says) so I've been around the block a few times and I know the forum rules. I understand your reasoning for pointing that out though.

• I haven't been recording any gamertags although I will from now on for my own records.
  • I can't think of any times where I've encountered the same player later than a few games. I do know that there have been several different players that I've had this problem with though so it's not just a single instance.
  • Other players from the same lobbies do show up in my recent list and players that I have this problem with sometimes show and sometimes don't.
  • I've only noticed this happening since the Fall 2013 dashboard update or maybe even a little while before that.

I guess my real questions are...

1. Is there a legitimate reason for this? e.g. bug or other issue
  2. Is there an illegitimate reason for this? e.g. profile hacking

If no one can give me a legitimate reason as to why this is happening then I'm going to assume that they've hacked their profile in some way to prevent player reviews and start reporting them for profile tampering.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I figured it out. I've been paying closer attention since posting this and I believe that it's a bug with WSOP FHP. For some reason it doesn't always set players as recently played and because of that Xbox Live believes that I haven't played them before so it doesn't allow me to submit a review.

Sorry this didn't help.

Being unable to submit a player review is bothersome. Usually it's the players I would least like to play with again. I have always attributed it to a bug but I just ran across three players in a platoon (wot) and they were all grayed out. Can anyone answer definitively if this is a hack or a bug?

Sorry this didn't help.

i've also been running into this problem, and by this thead it appears to be something that has been a problem for at least the last few years and is not related to server lag, player 'inactivity'.  however it does appear related to mainly the players who just sit at thier spawn point or purosely kill/get thier teammates killed.  also (but i haven't been keeping track of) it might also have a conection with those that have both a XB360&XBONE account, or it could simply be 360 users are unable to submit reviews about someone who's currently on the XBONE. been primarily playing WoT since getting back online (360 only cus comp died, needs new hard-drive), so I'll have to start keeping a record of these instances as i've only just recently gotten back online after losing my previous profile due to a 6yr hiatus as well as losing access to the email it was connected with and for the life of me i can't recall if it was yahoo/hotmail/gmail/or runbox or i might even of had it connected to my BayDeNoc email when i first started collage(let alone the password/words they may of had).  and no i don't want to re-active my old account, i'd just like to be able to use my original gamer tag again. ok so that's actually more than what this thead was intended for but, meh, might as put it all up seeing as i'm here

Sorry this didn't help.

This is still a problem and I have encountered it several times recently while playing Wirks of Tanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Whenever I submit reviews ( prefer or avoid ) , the prefer/avoid logo added next to the gamertag but the review did not actually saved. If you log-out log-in back or simply go to that players's "submit review page", it will show like you never review this person at all.

Why is it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, please look at the time stamp. This thread is from 2013. Please create your own topic to get the best support tailored to your individual issue.

Thanks.

*** Volunteer Moderator & Xbox MVP ***

Sorry this didn't help.