Can't sign in with one account.

Hi, As of yesterday I have been unable to sign into xbox live with my account. At first I thought it was a network issue but I have just created another account to test with and that works. Now I'm pretty sure I havnt been banned as for one thing I have never done anything that warrants a ban, and also I have not had en e-mail or message on my account telling me otherwise. What happens is when I try and sign in to Live it tells me that my connection has been lost straight away. But as I said if I use this account I just created I can log in fine. Any thoughts?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Generally if you've been hit with a Terms of Use Suspension, you'll get an error message that says something along the lines of 'Your account has been suspended until [insert date here].' It sounds more like you might have a corrupted profile on your hands.

If you go into your hard drive (or flash drive, as the case may be), do you see a circle or triangle with a "!" In it beside the profile that's having the issue? Even if you don't, it couldn't hurt to delete the profile from the storage device, clear your system cache, and redownload it.

I sure hope that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ah ha! that did the trick, thank you!

As you said it flagged the profile as corrupted, it would be nice if the Xbox let you know this, rather than having to hunt around for it.

Anyway thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are very welcome! Glad I could help :)

Sorry this didn't help.