Can't sign in to Xbox live

I got disconnected from Xbox Live and when i tried to sign in this popped up: a problem occurred while signing in. please try again. if the problem persists connect xbox.com/support 

can someone please help me to fix this. by the way, i managed to log in one time but after 10 minutes i got disconnected again and i got the same error message.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It seems to be a problem with xbox live servers. I had the issue last night It took a long time to sign in then I was signed in but not on xbox live then I tested my connection first it said it couldn't connect to my router then it said there was a mtu error & then I signed in finally & was playing WWE 13.

I got disconnected from xbox live again. Then i tried to sign in again & came up with a problem occurred while signing in,please try again.

Then I tried again & i eventually signed in again. Then I rang up my brother in law & asked if he was having the same issues & he was.

So it seems to be an issue with their servers not from our end as I reset my modem twice during those problems & it didn't help.

It should be up again & stable soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you sure because my friends can sign in just fine without having problems

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Creepy!

Try these troubleshooting steps to see if any of these will work as a solution to your connectivity issue.

Turn off your modem and router for 2 minutes. Turn on your modem and wait for it to connect properly. Now turn on your router and wait another minute.

Turn on your console and go to system settings. Select storage and while highlighting your primary storage device press "Y" on your controller. Select clear system cache.

Now go to your network settings and reset your console's network settings to defaults. Press "B" on your controller and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

First when testing i couldn't connect to internet but now i can't connect to xbox live so i did something but it didn't work i'm now tryin to disconnect my modem to reset

Sorry this didn't help.