Can't sign in to Xbox Live

My Xbox Live worked just fine last night, so I know it's not a firewall. When I hit "Text Xbox Live Connection", it makes it to the Internet-->Xbox Live, the bar goes about a quarter of the way through, then it stops and a message pops up that says:

"There's a problem with your connection. Select More Info for more information on the issue and how to solve it."

So I hit more info, and the screen says: "Your console is connected to the internet but can't contact Xbox Live.

Turn your router/modem off and back on, wait 30 sec." Tried that, didn't work. Tried unplugging the modem, still no luck. I can't plug my Linksys wireless router to my xbox because it doesn't have an available port for me to do so (If I removed the cable thats in there now, the whole house would lose internet). Then it whines about some ISP crap. My internet has not changed since last night, so that is not the issue.

The site says Live is up and running. I'm confused and mad, and I hate FAQ forums because my questions never get answered anyways! So if someone can help, it's nothing short of a happy miracle.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Mine is doing the same thing!  UGGHH!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey guys. First I'd like to have you take a gander at our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) for some basic suggestions. Make sure to try everything!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.