Can't sign in, keep getting same error message

I am having the exact same issue and i've checked all of my proofs. The alternate email, the phone number and everything really is 100% accurate and correct and yet every time I try to sign into xbox live after typing in the correct password to my xbox live account, I still get that error message thus preventing me from signing into xbox live. I don't think this is a security issue anymore with our accounts, I think it's a bug that you overlooked when implementing this new proofs system to xbox live. I can sign into my xbox live account just fine on xbox.com but when it comes to my console, it won't let me even though the password I put in is 100% correct. If someone has found a resolution to this issue i'd appreciate an answer, thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

ok...so now to answer my own question...I don't know how or why...but when I tried signing in while running a game, I was for some reason able to sign into xbox live...anyone else with this issue, try that. It may just be a dashboard lag issue...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmmm, hey there!  Just wanted to check in still. Is it all behaving for you?  Or is it still lagging weirdly.  If it's still being weird, can you kind of walk us through step by step of exactly what you're seeing and which error messages you get?  Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.