Can't retrieve data from Flash drive

Hi, I'm having a massive problem. I have an old 20GB 360, I purchased a 60GB HDD for more space. I wanted to transfer the data from the 20 to the 60, so I used an 8GB Transcend flash drive. I formatted and configured it as prompted, transferred the profiles and most of the games saves onto the drive. It all seemed to work fine. There were no error messages. The problem is that when I swapped in the 60GB HDD it doesn't recognise the flash drive as having any data on it, it merely says 'configure now'. If I put the old 20GB hdd back on the xbox it says exactly the same thing. I've been researching this for days online, I can't seem to find any answer, I've tried removing the flash drive, inserting it after booting up the xbox, but it just won't see any data on there. Can anyone please help, I don't want to lose four years worth of game saves! Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

It appears as it has corruped or something. The safest way to use a USB flash drive would have been to copy the files over, not move them. Because if something went wrong (as it has in this case) you could have always copied them again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well it went from being not corrupted and totally fine according to the xbox that then copied 7 gigs of data onto it, to not working in the time it took to swap hard drives. That's an xbox problem, not a flash drive problem. And as far as copying it, yes I would have done that but it wasn't an option, the xbox said "This is now configured to work completely brilliantly with your xbox, move data?" which I did, unaware that not only would it remove the data from the original hard drive, but also make it unable to put it on the new one. I don't appear to be alone in this problem, and it seems no-one from microsoft cares to even offer a solution or rectify the problem. Not happy.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry to say this, but it appears like you have lost all of your game saves.

However you can download everything such as DLCs, Arcade Games from your download history for free.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, after a few days of sulking I've come to that realisation! Oh well, perhaps it will be a rewarding experience to replay some old favourites (attempts at optimism failing to improve mood!)

Sorry this didn't help.