Can't read newer game cd's

Hello!

My xbox 360 elite that i bought in 2009 cannot read L.A Noire, there's nothing wrong with the cd, no scratches and i lend it to my friend and it worked perfectly on his Xbox (not elite)!

I can play any other older game that i have at home like Alan Wake, Battlefield Bad Company 1, and Final fantasy XIII. 

I have tried the following

Cleaning Cache

Removing the harddrive,

Removed 2 updates.

I tried to see if the warranty would help me so i gave my xbox to the store where i bought it but no luck.

I even called xbox support and he told me to do the following steps i just mentioned above.

They told me that it may cost about 1000:- swedish crowns!

What can i do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Send it in for repair or get a new unit

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lol same thing on mine and mates ends. We all have older models and although can play the new formats have a problem with a lot of disc spinning and random unreadable disc errors. For the time being just hope that Microsoft can fix this with an update. Don’t spend your money on repairing it either, as it isn’t your fault.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay then im not the only one with this problem!

Well im not gonna pay for repair because this is likely microsofts fault, they should fix it for free or give me a new console! (my opinion hehe)

Some gameshops will buy it for 600 crowns, i called and asked them and even told them what my console was suffering from.

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont know if this is a coincidence but i sent my sons console in for a repair on the 22/11/11 for a 3 red light fix now the console was bought 18 months ago from game preowned now microsoft are saying it was tampered with and wont fix it now no one in my household touched it and all seals were intact ,well on the phone with mircosoft they said theres nothing they can do and should buy the new slim

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry RhinO but yours is a different issue (although a genuine one). Recently Microsoft updated the format they use for game disks to allow for more space/better copy protection ect. At the same time they rolled out a system update so that consoles could read this updated format. It seems some consoles aren't reacting well to the update, but MS are probably working on fixing it as we speak.

Sorry this didn't help.