Can't Re-add friend

Saw there is another post about this from a month ago, which also mentions this issue for other people...

My girlfriend accidentally Blocked Communications with me, therefore deleting me from her friend's list. She sent me a message to unblock me but now we no longer receive e/o's friend requests. Contacted support for XBOX on Twitter last night with no resolve. Though it seems after a while she gets deleted from the friends list on there.

I can add her on XBOX One console (and XBOX.com), she doesn't have a console though so she can't go anywhere with that. 

She tried blocking and unblocking me via XBOX.com

Random people can send me a req and I can accept no issues

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

My son is currently suffering the same problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Been in contact with XBOX Support Twitter and still no luck

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem too contacted xbox support they said they would look further into it

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, guys! Very sorry to see any issues adding friends! We've got some troubleshooting you guys can try here, and if they don't help out, I'll ask you to send me a private message.

• Try adding your friend here on xbox.com by hovering over your gamertag on the top right, selecting Friends, and then searching for their GT there.
  • Add your friend on your Xbox One console, if you have one. Be sure to have them check out their Activity Alerts in their Activity Feed if you go this route. Friend notifications are similar to Twitter in you can friend someone, but they won't be your friend on their side. So you will need to have them add you after you add them.
  • Add your friend on Xbox One Smartglass. (Don't need to connect to a console to use it, but you may need to follow the instructions above!)

PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to see friends added on Xbox One or the website on your 360. This is to test if you are able to add these users outside of the 360 to narrow down the issue.

Please let us know how that works! :) If you are still unable to add friends any of these ways, please send me a private message detailing the friend's gamertag that you are unable to add, and the amount of friends you have. You can send me a private message by clicking the envelope at the bottom of my post.

Sorry this didn't help.