Can't "Chat with Microsoft" on Xbox.com. I get a error that says "Please enter a valid first name"

I sign on to my account on Xbox.com and try to chat with Microsoft support. But I keep getting a error, It's says at the top of the Chat with Microsoft page "Invalid data. Please check your information" and then under first name it says "Please enter a valid first name". I think it may be an issue with my first name is says "Phillip [Adam]" I think it's the brackets that are giving me an issue. I have tried to change my name on my Microsoft account but it doesn't reflect on my Xbox.com account.

I would greatly appreciate any help,

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 83 Applies to:

I am having the same issue, can someone help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I discovered how to fix this problem today AniMangaFan27. You have to go to your Microsoft account and go to payment and billing and then billing info, click this link and it will take your right there (commerce.microsoft.com/.../Profile), click edit and from there you can change your name. Give it like 30 minutes to reflect onto your Xbox Live account. After that I was able to support from Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.