Can't promote child account because of long series of errors on Xbox.com

The original problem was that I wanted to promote my account (I am 21, and I can't download anything with my windows phone because somehow it got the idea that I am a child, despite not changing anything since I was originally able to download content from the marketplace--they have my money now.)

When I would sign into xbox.com and try to go to My Account, it would ask me to agree to the new Terms of Service. I would click agree, and then it would ask me to log in with the Parent account so that THAT account could agree to the terms of service. I don't even know what that email is, and it shouldn't be necessary given that I am an an *adult*.

Now, when I log into xbox.com and click 'My Account', I get this shize:

https://public.bn1.livefilestore.com/y1pgcyKbpFcB1YWKleB2hVMTJbbWsdTa6K2hEw5GsA1oqKNFK-KIx0uob-08gP1EKPkTKRGtlHMF63OfsBgzwoJDw/Screen%20Shot%202013-03-07%20at%207.31.26%20PM.png?psid=1

In addition, I can't log out! If I sign out using xbox.com OR live.com, I still can't log out of the xbox website. The only way to log out is to clear my browser.

Is there any hope of getting past this ridiculousness and being able to download apps onto my phone, without completely resetting it, making a new account, and re-buying my apps?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

try this: I logged into my email account associated with my Xbox Live account. I went to my account settings on my email and changed my date of birth to 1991 so instead of being 16, Im 18 now.

After that, I went onto the Xbox and went to the Dashboard, chose My Xbox, then clicked on my gamer profile, chose Manage Account, and promote Child Account.

But, When I tried to do that, I would get an error a second into updating it.

So then I went into System Settings, Memory, then Format memory so everything off the Console was gone.

After that I went and tried to create a New gamer Profile. After that I pressed Join XBOX Live and used the email I used before.

Before logging on to XBOX Live It updated itself, then restarted the Console. Then I went back and finished recovering my Gamer tag.

After that, the Promote Child Account option worked perfectly, Now I'm enjoying Twitter, Facebook, and Last.fm.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.