Can't move videos from flash drive to computer

I have some videos on the HDD in my X360 and I want to move them to the computer. When I use a flash drive, it's all the Xbox formatting with Data0000 Data 0001 etc. However, there's no option to turn this off on my flash drive. When I open its device options, I'm just stuck with RenameFormatClear System Cache, and Transfer Content. How can I make the files on the flash drive readable by a computer? I did all the FAT32 formatting beforehand, so the only thing on this drive is the one video. Thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  However, files on the Xbox console cannot be read by the PC.  When moved to a PC the PC will try to change the coding into something that it can read on it's own.  This doesn't work and will end up with the files not being able to be read by either system after that.

If the videos were purchased from Xbox Video you can just head to http://video.xbox.com/ to watch them on your computer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As usual Irixion, you don't know what your talking about.  What onyx62is said is correct.  He has been around these forums far longer than you and he knows what he is talking about.  Nothing "magical" about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

PCs don't magically change the 'code'. All Xbox files on your FAT32 storage device are in a proprietary Microsoft Xbox format. Which means that they can't be accessed by conventional means on a computer, or any other device except an Xbox 360. That being said, there's other ways of getting your videos.

You can use WMC to access videos on your computer from your Xbox

You can use the Music and Video players on the Xbox to access respective media on your USB devices.

As for videos downloaded from Xbox Live onto your USB device, there's no way to get those. You could always YouTube them though :v

Sorry this didn't help.