Can't login with my primary account!

The reason is that my primary account is pretty old, and the e-mail used to create this no longer exists and I have forgotten the password(I have been trying to remember it for over 2 years now...)

But now with Call of Duty : Elite, in order to link my XBL to it I need to login as that Live user on my PC.

Is there anyway to help me with this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well, you don't have but one choice: you will have to call Support and go thru their infamous "account verification" process.  In essence, they will ask you various questions about the account like: name on it, address, phone number, maybe a card no, etc., common-sense questions.  There are two ways of doing this either on the phone or the email version.  I personally would do the email because then you can take time to research the answers.  And there is a text box for any other info that you think would be useful.  Put in your GS, friends' names...anything to offset the questions that you can't answer.

You will get one of two results:  Either you answer al questions (or enough of them!) to MS' satisfaction and are awarded a password-reset link to an email you can give them or you won't answer them correctly.  In which case your account is gone...patience here!  I had the exact same problem and it took me several months to answer their questions but I did gain the account back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wait, so if they're not happy with my answers they delete it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! If the WLID no longer exists, there's really nothing that can be done for the account. You can try calling phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) to see if they can help, but more likely than not you will have to create a new account. Sorry for the confusion!

Sorry this didn't help.

Wrong Mr G...read my post.  I have been thru the exact same thing:  dead WLID and cound not remember the password.  I followed the above process at the behest of another poster and finally got access to the account.  And no, the account does not get "deleted"...believe it or not, it will stay around in cyberspace till such a time as MS decides to purge it.  I know this from personal experience as well:  back in 2008, my mother, during an attempt to renew her account, misspelled the GT by one letter.  Instead of renewal, a brand-new account was created with the exact same GT...minus one letter.  I called MS and could not get a refund, but they did do a "lockout"; i.e, now no one can use it.  But even now I can sign into it and is still around: no GS, no friends, no games played, no nothing...yet it is still around.  MS recently annouced that they were purging unused GTs from the original Xbox days and they need to do the same with the 360.

Sorry this didn't help.