Can't login to Xbox live

i just connected my xbox to my router, and the connection is fine and all. but once i made an xbox live profile, it just changed my gamertag to some random name: HeartsickSun6 and left me there. when i login on my pc i get the same gamertag, but not my avatar correct gamerscore etc. when i try to sign in on my account on the xbox i get this weird error stating: this email address or password isn't valid for this account. Try again. im sure the email and password match up. anyone got some ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

also i can't play on my old save games anymore.... siriously?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there!  It's sounding like you actually have two profiles, as the one you're posting from right now, HeartsickSun, looks like a new auto-generated tag.  Whatever your original gamertag was, was associated with a different email address for it's Microsoft Account.  You can find out what that email was using the steps at Xbox.com/forgot

Sorry this didn't help.

That can't be it, i never gave anny other email adress, also my gamertag are now on my xbox and on this account the same, it just doesnt link up together for some reason. If i follow the steps on xbox.com/forgot ill have to login first to see such email account is linked to my gamertag. Wich was the problem in the first place. So i can't double check

Sorry this didn't help.

we are having the same problem and we created a new account. we put it in the right email and password. and we cant log in. also how do we delete profiles from the system?

Sorry this didn't help.