Can't log on xbox360

i log on xbox.com on my laptop i change my gamertag buy a gold one month membership/800microsoft points it goes all good changed my gamertag to expmark

then I turn on my xbox i change my profiles to see if the name of the profile i bought gold had change and it was still the old gamer tag it wasnt expmark now i tryed login on it and it wont let me. it saids i need to recover it?!?!?!?! i just changed the gamertag i need help i just wasted 20$ on the month and ms points 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It's probably because you changed it on xbox.com instead of from your console.  You'll need to delete your profile (profile only, not the content) from your Xbox hard drive or other memory device and then recover your account to your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

how would i recover it

Sorry this didn't help.

Posted from the following link:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/gamer-profile

Recover your gamertag from Xbox LIVE

You might need to recover an Xbox LIVE gamertag in the following situations:

• You have a Zune or Games for Windows — LIVE account and want to join Xbox LIVE.
  • You accidentally deleted your profile, or you want to move your profile to a new console.

Important

• Any achievements or changes that you have made since the account last connected to Xbox LIVE will be lost during the recovery process.
  • Do not recover your gamertag to a friend's console as a convenience. You might lose your saved games. Instead, follow the steps in Use a gamer profile on another console.

To recover a gamertag

To recover your gamertag, you need the associated Windows Live ID and password for your Xbox LIVE account.
    1. If you’re signed into Xbox LIVE with another gamertag, press the Guide button, and then press X on your controller to sign out.

1. Press the Guide button again, and select Recover Gamertag.
  1. Select Recover Gamertag again.
  2. Enter your Windows Live ID and password for the gamer profile that you want to recover.
  3. Follow the on-screen directions.
Notes
  • You can enter information using a USB keyboard, the Xbox 360 Chatpad, or your Xbox 360 controller and the on-screen keyboard.
  • For Xbox LIVE child accounts, the associated Xbox LIVE adult account credentials are required to complete the recover gamertag procedure.

Sorry this didn't help.

i put in my windows ID info and it saids it's invalid...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, it sounds like you will want to call phone support so they can provide some information on what might be at play with that Windows ID.

Sorry this didn't help.