Can't Log into XBL, Hotmail, or anything attached to my WLID

I had to make a new WLID just to post here :(

So I tried to log into my Hotmail Email account and got this message:

[mod removed]

"Reset Your Password"There where three links below it

"Sign in using another Windows Live ID"  (I don't want this)
"Customer service/support" 

I didn't need to log in right away so I just ignored it.

I a few weeks later I try again with the same message so I try the reset your password link.

I only have two options to recover my account:
1)Email Address
(an old email address is associated with this from ISP I no longer have)

2) Mobile Phone Number (Again don't have this phone line anymore)

So I call into 1(800)4-My-Xbox, after 1.25 hours with this man I finally get a link in my email box to reset my password!

well I choose a new password and I  confirm this new password and Hotmail tells me to log in again with my new password.

I type my email address... 

I type my new password...

and...

same message as posted above... :'(

so I do the reasonable thing and to reset the password again... 

this time I have my current email address listed as a recovery option! and I get an email with a password reset link immediately.

Again new password entered and used to log in for the first time in months to no avail.

Mr. 18004Myxbox guy is stumped told me to post here, I have no friggin clue. this is a huge hassle.

Cant log into Xbox.com, can recover my Gamertag, can't check email (really don't care though) My WLID is totally and completely locked down. Xbox support was no help, neither was Microsoft Support emails and phone calls have gone to both.

I couldn't care less if my "[mod removed]" email address went to hell and died, but I would give me my left stone to keep my  "WHI73B0Y" XBL account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

It sounds like you need to create a new WLID and GT. If you can't reset the password and don't remember the security linked accounts, there isn't much anyone can do for you. I'm sorry for the hassle.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have 2 years pre-paid Gold on my gamertag with 900 Microsoft points. I did reset the password and it didn't take it. It knows the password is correct  but still keeps me locked out. What is a security linked account? I have a email attached to I have access to that's not an issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's generally a bad idea to post your email address on a public forum because of security purposes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I figure as old as the address is, every spammer already has it and even I cannot get in. Not much to loose here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay So I was finally able to get this fixed after 3 months countless hours with tech support and a seemingly endless headache.

*takes deep breath*...

So to fix the apparent unfix-able WLID, is to not contact Xbox, or MSN (if you don't pay for your hotmail), or GFWL You can get nominal help from the Microsoft support line (1(800)642-7676) but really to have anyone help you at all if the automatic system fails recover your account by contacting support, record your pin number and post at https://windowslivehelp.com for help wait a few days and they will work with you to recover your account. They got it on first try.

Hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.