Can't load games or apps.

Hey guys, I had an unusual issue today. My system is set to instant on, and my Internet was down for a couple hours due to issues with my ISP. Later when it was back up I turned the console on and it loaded up but would not load into any apps or games. I couldn't get into my friends list, or even the settings menu. It would start to load then I would get a message saying that it was taking too long to load for some reason. Eventually I seemed to loose my XBL connection as well. I decided to hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds to shut it down. After booting it back up again everything seems to run fine, with no issue, and the UI ran a lot smoother too. However this has me concerned now that there may be some underlying issue. Anyone have anything similar happen? Also, after booting down and back up again and then going back to standby it downloaded today's update.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

yes I have had this happen twice within 3 days and i'm really concerned it seems for me to just turn of the console and unplug the power supply from the xbox for about 2 minutes plug it back in then im fine for a day or so

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm beginning to suspect this issue was caused by the memory issues from the instant on mode as the system was getting more and more sluggish, or maybe due to the Internet outage I was having around the time that the system update was supposed to be coming. It seems fine now and after shutting the system down and bringing it back up everything is much smoother.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.