Can't hear people through my turtle beaches!

Today I was playing call of duty in game chat and everything was working fine, however without touching my mic I suddenly could not hear anyone but they can hear me! I have tried everything, hard restring my Xbox, trying different controllers and the problem still persists. I have an open NAT type so I am prerty sure that is not the problem. I also know the mic is not broken because when I unplug the mic and plug it in I can hear my friends talking for about 5 seconds then it just goes silent. This also happens in party chat. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to go buy a new mic just for this to happen again!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

save your money and go straight for the kill.... get a complete wireless headset like the turtle beach stealth 500x.

you can get those stereo chat adapters from ebgames/gamestopp preowned if you rather want to test em out first

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi, have you gone into the settings and checked if  your gamertag is still assigned to the xbox wireless controller and Headset (headset only appears if you are using TB Stealth 500x or elite 800x) ?

if you are unassigned get into the settings for the controller and assign yourself again, quit and start the party app  and try it out again. as you already tried Hard Resetting your XBOX, try to use the MS Stereo chat adapter ( TB supplies their own version of the chat adapter ) and iIF you have one of those new controllers with the built in 3.5 mm jack try those.

Sorry this didn't help.

I only have the turtle beach one. But if it's worth getting i might consider it, don't want to buy one for it to not work though

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey thanks for the reply! I checked and it is all paired up, I also checked all my other settings and they are all correct. I got it working earlier but as soon as I restarted my Xbox it has gone back to how it was before. I have also just checked for a controller update but there is not one. It's really frustrating because it was working whilst I was in a game then in just randomly went silent :/

Sorry this didn't help.

have you tried the official MS Stereo Chat adapter or the ones supplied by Turtlebeach?

i had it at that point where it didnt work with the Turtlebeach supplied Chat adapter for the XO7 Pros but it worked fine with the MS Stereo Chat adapter.

Sorry this didn't help.