Can't get solitaire or makjong since signing into Xbox

New laptop. New Windows8. My only gaming interest is the Windows solitaire collection and Windows mahjong collection that came with my laptop. However, every time I went to use one of them I kept getting this foolish message to open a Windows account. So after hundreds of times clearing this nuisance message, I decided to follow the cryptic path and now I have an Xbox account that I could really care less about. I'm pushing 70 and my highest level of excitement would be to finish all levels of "Original Lemmings!" Anyway, now that I've done the above, I can no longer get into the solitaire of mahjong games. I have uninstalled the solitaire collection and then downloaded it from Microsoft but it still won't come up. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

What happens when you try to get into the games. Are you still getting the same issue? Uninstalling and reinstalling the game would be my usual recommendation.

As for when it asked for a windows account, a live account would be required since the apps on windows 8 uses the windows App Store and requires a live Id. Similarly to requiring an apple account for apple store or google account for android devices, everyone is going that to try and unify there applications.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Having problems understanding how this forum handles replies. I'm no novice to forums, by the way but more in the golf venue.

When I click on the tile on the start page the screen shows "Microsoft Mahjong" or "...Solitaire" and just hangs there. There are no rotating dots that indicate action underway.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes the forum is quite different to most others on the Internet.

Have you tried Control alt delete to see how many apps are running in the background, I believe it's possible to have too many apps open at once.

Sorry this didn't help.