Can't get past first step of signing in, please help

I can't sign into live - it was working fine 15 hours ago, but now I get the message with error code 80151901.

I'm using the internal wireless from my new 360. I test my wireless connection and it finds the router fine - plenty of signal bars - but it fails at the first stage every time. I've tried the whole "unplug router and wait" thing with no success. A similar thing happened a couple of months ago, and I resolved it by resetting the connection settings to factory defaults then reconnecting and re-entering the security key. That isn't working this time.

When I press Y on the failed test screen I get the following information:

W: 0000-0021
X: 4000-1001
Y: 0000-0000
Z: 0000-0000
ID 0001-0002
L: 0015-10F1
Q: 8007-0435
T: Wireless
A: 169.254.162.66/255.255.0.0
G: 0.0.0.0
D: 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
N: Name of router
S: WPA2
c: 6

Any help would be appreciated, as I just started a one month Gold trial last night, and frankly if that goes to waste then it's hardly going to entice me to maintain a paid subscription.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Greetings King!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your router and the modem as well (if this is not a single device).

Make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware. Visit the manufactures website regarding the latest software version.

[quote user="King Jack I"]N: Name of router[/quote]Is this the actual name of your wireless network (SSID)?

Thank you! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, that's not the actual name, I'm just wary of posting too many details on an open forum :)

I have since done the suggested steps again (reset to factory settings, unplugged router for 30 seconds), same problem, although some of the numbers above have changed so here is what it is saying now:

The router is a Thomson TG585 v7

W: 0000-0021

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wireless

A: 169.254.152.66/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

N: PlusnetWireless

S: WPA2

C: 1

As you can see, the ID, A and C lines have changed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you!

Could you make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware.

Is your console communicating, wireless, directly with the router or an AccessPoint (AP) in between?

Can you access your router's web utility interface and make sure UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is ticked enable

Make sure WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is ticked disable

[quote user="King Jack I"]S: WPA2[/quote]Are you using AES for the encryption method?

Keep us posted! 

Sorry this didn't help.