Can't Get New Live Update to Download please help!!!

Ok so I have a 250 gb hd slim and it has worked fine up until I haven't played on it in a couple weeks. When I went to get back on it the flippin thing tells me I need an update, so I start the update and it doesn't even get a forth of the way through the stupid update before it errors on me. I've tried to do the update numerous times throughout a period of 5-7 days. I have tried everything from clearing the cache to trying to do a usb update. I downloaded the update to a flash drive and it won't even read my flash drive. I have tried to customize or format it to the 360 on many different occasions and I have tried a portable hard drive all to no success. My 360 won't even read the damn(pardon my language) flash drive nor hard drive. I am at wits end here. All I have to say is I am glad I have my ps3 this is just freakin ridiculous, if I would of known how many issues this system has I would of spent my money on the Playstation Plus account and saved me the headache.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm not sure why you got an update, the last update was in November.  I even searched around just to see if I didn't get one yet, but all I could come up with was the November one.  Exactly how long has it been since you played?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When it stops are you getting error message: 80070428?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="AngelWNoHalo"]Ok so I have a 250 gb hd slim and it has worked fine up until I haven't played on it in a couple weeks.[/quote]Is this two weeks, or you haven't used it since late November? The last system update was November 27, 2012. If you've logged into Live since then, you have the update already.[quote]before it errors on me.[/quote]What error?[quote]I downloaded the update to a flash drive and it won't even read my flash drive.[/quote]To put the update on a USB flash drive, the flash drive must be partitioned/formatted as FAT32. The update directory goes on the root of the flash drive. After that, you just plug it into the 360. As long as the flash drive is readable by the 360, it will automatically pick up the update.[quote]I have tried to customize or format it to the 360 on many different occasions[/quote]Do not do this, or if you do don't use the full amount of space for the 360. A 360 USB Memory Unit cannot be used to store the update. There has to be free space unallocated to a USB Memory Unit to store the update.[quote]My 360 won't even read the damn(pardon my language) flash drive nor hard drive.[/quote]It sounds a lot like the console's 250GB HDD has failed. When a console detects no storage device and is booted, it may claim that an update is required (mine did tonight). Cancel the update process.

Try removing the HDD entirely, then plug the USB flash drive into the console and perform a Custom USB Memory Unit install. Whatever the maximum size is that the 360 tries to make the USB Memory Unit, decrease it by 0.5GB. Once that's one, plug the drive into your PC and copy the update to the root of the flash drive. Finally, boot the console with just the USB Memory Unit attached, no HDD.

If you already had the update, nothing should happen. It should boot up to a Sign In screen. If your console still needs the update, it'll update, reboot, and come back to a Sign In screen.

Sorry this didn't help.