can't get my xbox 360 to connect to my existing xbox live account

i have a free xbox live account that is associated to my windows 7 phone.  how do i connect my xbox 360 to this existing account i have tried online and through my console.  everything just wants to create a new account, instead of letting me log in.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Once you're at the dashboard, press the guide button (the big circular one), press x and sign out if you're already signed in with another profile. Then you should only have to press x again to get the option to log in with your existing profile. It will then download, and you're ready to go. Good luck:-) Post again if you're still having problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah thanks but i am talking about my xbox live account on the xbox live web site online, not the accounts on my xbox console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I believe what you are looking for is Download Profile, that will ask you to put in the information you use for the account you basically follow what TroHAM said but you want to look for Download Profile in the sign box, it should one of the very last ones. If you need anything other help feel free to message me. Thanks, -Isaac

Sorry this didn't help.