Can't get my controller to work

Hey everyone, 

I have a question regarding a problem i'm having with my controller and i'm hoping someone can answer that.

Today i bought a new game so i was pretty excited to start playing it. To be honest my xbox hasn't been turned on for months so first thing i did was to charge up the storage battery.After a few hours i decided to give it a try but my controller didn't respond at all. Holding down the power button on my controller didn't have any effect and obviously neither did pressing every other button. I have two controllers and two of those storage batteries but no combination seemed to work. When i press the power button on my xbox 360 it starts up right away so that can't be the problem.

The last time i played my controllers we're working just fine so i'm really wondering what the problem might be. Can they actually be broken after not being used for months? Any suggestions on what else i can try? Really hoping someone has an answer here since i'm not looking forward having to buy new controllers. 

Thanks in advanced.

(hope this post in the correct section now)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try pressing and holding the little circle button in between (LB) and (RB).

There should also be one on your console, press and hold that too. It should sync your controllers to your Xbox 360.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

that requires your controller to actually turn on tho.

But as said when i press the power button on my controller it doesnt light up, so it doesn't do anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey OP, does the controller still light up while plugged into the console? If so, and if the other controller works fine with the same battery packs/cable, I'm afraid that controller will need to be replaced.

Sorry this didn't help.

Far as a know i can't plug my controller into my console? or i missed something. Definitely don't have the cables for that tho.

Sorry this didn't help.

Interesting problem. It sounds like your rechargable packs just arent holding their charge, which would make sense if you haven't used your console for months. If you still have the original battery case try using some brand new AA batteries and see if they work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, I made the assumption there that your rechargeable battery came with a cable to plug into the console, but I realize you may own the charging station for those batteries--is that the case? Also, please be sure to try what braunman listed above.

Sorry this didn't help.