Can't get child account to connect to LIVE

New Xbox and my son created a profile.  He didn't have a LIVE account at the time.  Now I have created one and cannot get the profile he created on the Xbox linked to the LIVE account I just created.  I tried going to xbox.com and clicking Join Xbox LIVE to add him, but when I did that, it created a new gamertag for his LIVE account.  Is there any way to get the profile/gamertag he created on the Xbox to link to the LIVE account?  Or can I transfer the points/awards on his gamertag to the one that auto created when I joined Xbox LIVE on the website?  When I log into xbox.com with his LIVE account and try to change the gamertag to the one he created, I get a message that the gamertag has already been used.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Cav, When you create a Gamertag "Join Xbox Live" on Xbox.com it creates a separate xbox live account from the one that you may be using on your xbox. In regards to linking/transfering, you can't. You must go onto your account on the Xbox, click Join Xbox Live on console (make sure your console is connect to internet) and from there you can join Xbox Live and create your Online Gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.