Can't get 2 xboxes to connect to the same game on black ops 2

Help!!!! I just switched to a cable internet with time warner. I have a motorola surfboard sbg6580 as a router ... ever since the switch when i have friends over neither of us can join the same game on Black ops 2 ...... Game acts like it wants to start a match but when it starts to load it just kicks one of us out of the room ......We are both hard wired to the Router........ I have tried port forwarding with no luck and pretty sure I set up a DMZ host properly although i have never done it before ......... and still no change ...... I have called Time warner for help and they basicly told me to call xbox......

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings LoKi!

Not many routers will support multiple xboxes using one router Internet connection and therefor it is a problem for many users that are trying to connect two or more xboxes to a router that do not fully support an Open NAT for multiple xboxes.

You can not use Port Forward since this feature only allows the use of one unique IP address for ports to be forward to. This also applies to DMZ. So turn off Port Forward and DMZ.

Now the only feature that do work is UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). Turn on UPnP. Apply and reboot. But remember, for this to work it has to be a router that are able to fully support UPnP along with the right firmware and thereby can support multiple xboxes. 

Make sure both consoles are set to obtain IP and DNS automatic.

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.